Saturday, December 13, 2014

Living from the Unseen: Reflections from a Transformed Life


Living from the Unseen
Reflections from a Transformed Life
Author: Wendy Backlund

Website: www.ignitedhope.com
Number of Pages: 104
ISBN: 978-0-9854773-6-3

From the back cover: We are first and foremost a spirit living in a natural body - learning to see, hear and access the spirit realm and its principles. Learning to live life through the eyes of the spirit is transforming and freeing. Living from the Unseen reveals that we can live life through the eyes of the spirit and with an awareness of the spiritual realities and principals that affect our everyday lives. This is a book that shares insights on how to obtain a transformed life through renewing the mind. Wendy's journey and these insights are meant for those Christians who intuitively know there is more to "walking in the Spirit" than traditionally understood by the Church. This book will also help Christians who are tired, discouraged, hopeless or hungering for their destiny and identity to be fully developed and released.

This book will help identify beliefs that block the reception of God’s blessings and hinder our ability to live out our destiny.

You will learn that:
·         Believing differently, not trying harder, is the key to change.
·         You cannot do what you don't believe you are.
·         You can only receive what you think you are worth.
·         Rather than learning how to die – it is time to learn how to live.

I bought this book on Amazon because a group at my church was reading it.  It sounded interesting, and I had never read anything by Wendy Backlund prior to this book.  I really liked the cover, and I was surprised at the size of the book.  I found a lot of useful and wonderful information in very few pages.

I really like that the chapters are so short in this book.  The topic is covered, and Wendy gives examples from her own life of what she previously believed and what she did to encourage transformation in her life.  There were times when I thought the words could have been written by me because I have the same thoughts that she had.   I definitely identified with her writing and thoughts she had when she viewed the world through the natural eye.

At the end of each chapter, there is an application section.  Wendy asks the reader to think about his or her own life and how the topic personally relates to him or her.  Sometimes she asks the reader to write something down, but she always asks the reader to ask God for help in transforming the mind in the given area.  At the end there is a declaration, which reminds me of “the power of positive thinking,” but in a supernatural, spiritual way.  I have typed these declarations, and I try to read them out loud every day.

I really enjoyed this book.  One of my favorite quotes in the book is a message from God to Wendy.  He told her, “Who you want to be is who you really are.  That is why you want to be that way” (page 55).  That quote inspires me to be more confident, joyful, and hopeful.  In other words, we want to be who God uniquely made us to be.   This is a book that I will re-read slowly in order to get the most benefit out of it.  I really love that the chapters are short because it will make the second (third, fourth, etc.) read easier to do when I already have a busy schedule.  On a scale of 1-5, I would give this book a 4.5.  It is an excellent read.


Anyone who wants more of God and the supernatural in their life will enjoy this book.  It walks the reader through how to work with the Spirit to transform negative thought patterns and have a correct understanding of his or her identity in Christ.  Personally, I have a lot of transforming to do, and I’m looking forward to seeing big changes in my life.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment